About Me

My photo
I am a part-time author of dollarbinhorror.blogspot.com...short story and novel writer. I've found true love with the one I love.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Stardate 0611.10

I believe in Philadelphia freedom...Freedom from a Stanley Cup parade down Broad Street...

Promotional Consideration Paid for by the Following-

Yes kids, I have a sponsor once again...albeit unofficially. The dubious honor given to sponsoring this thing is the upcoming Wrestlecrap Radio Roast dvd.


That's right, watch as ten years of crappin' comes back to haunt a certain R.D. Reynolds and Blade Braxton. The dvd features all the buffons who have made the longest running episodic podcast on the Internet what it is to its dozen loyal listeners(this blogger being one of them) What's that you say? What is this I'm talking about? Well take a look for yourselves...



To pre-order your copy, head over to wrestlecrap.com and click on the bottom of the page.



Another Descent Into...
The Mother of Tears(2007)-

[Disclaimer: I am huge fan of Italian director Dario Argento...Suspiria(1977) is without a doubt one of the greatest horror movies ever made.]




















The Mother of Tears is the third movie in Dario Argento's The Three Mothers trilogy(Suspiria, Inferno). I had fairly high expectations going into this film what with Inferno(1980) being something of a disappointment.Featuring Dario's own daughter, the sleep-deprived Asia, The Mother of Tears is without a doubt the bloodiest horror film Mr. Argento has made since his golden age of the late-70's/early-80's.

Sarah Mandy (Asia Argento), an American studying art restoration at the Museum of Ancient Art in Rome, examines an urn found at an ancient, decrepit grave near Viterbo, within which are the relics of a witch known as the Mother of Tears, Mater Lachrymarum (Moran Atias). Breaking the seal heralds the return of the beautiful yet malefic sorceress' powers, and the world is plunged into chaos. A wave of suicides and crime sweeps over Italy's capital as witches congregate to pay homage to their reborn queen. Sarah must eventually discover her latent supernatural powers with the help of her deceased mother (Daria Nicolodi) and confront Lacrymarum at the opulent Palazzo Varelli.

One thing is for sure. The final film in this trilogy is certainly the most psychotic. Half-naked witches(yum), strangulation via large intestine(nice), people going Detroit in Rome, witches getting slammed in the head with train doors. On a pure gore level, The Mother of  Tears is awash in a sea of crimson(not clover). On a story level, it ties the movies nicely. On an acting level, well it's as expected, over the top. Which therein is the only problem I found was the acting. It wasn't bad, just melodramatic.

And please Asia, before your next foyer into Daddy's movies, get some sleep!

8/10

The Stanley Cup-
Well, it wasn't the Penguins holding Lord Stanley, but rather the Chicago Blackhawks in 6 thus ending a 49-year Cup drought. Congratulations! I'm soooooooo happy it was against those Damn Fryers...errr Flyers.

The Cinema Snob-
I hate the 90s. I hate the most sily, self-centered decade in my 34 years of exsistance. I hate grunge(well most of it), I hate flannel, I hate Garth Brooks and I hate this latest offering from The Cinema Snob...The movie is Ax'Em...yes squire, ax the 90's...don't bring em back...NEVER!!!



My duy reigns in Sto'Va'Kor....
My corazon dies in Gren'thor

No comments:

Post a Comment