About Me

My photo
I am a part-time author of dollarbinhorror.blogspot.com...short story and novel writer. I've found true love with the one I love.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Stardate 0502.10

Ahhh...I stand on the summit, the precipice, of another weekend. The miracle of time.




The Pittsburgh Penguins-
So...I turned with a weary eye towards the Pens-Habs Eastern Conference Semi-Finals this past Friday, scared the #8 seed from Montreal would deep-fry my boys the way they did Ovie and Das Capitals. Well,at least for game 1, the fryer shut down.  Thanks to a 4/4 power play night, the Cup champs tcb'ed with a 6-3 victory. Other than a five minute stretch and the injury to Jordan Staal, the Pens played a near-flawless game. They pressured, they hit, they did the things they didn't quite do against the Senators. For me, game 2 of a playoff series has always been a pivotal turning point in these tournaments. Pens win, driver's seat, they lose, it get's interesting.

My friend Chris-
Well, my friend Chris is about to get married to the man of her dreams. I was going to go into an elaborate, funny take but I'm not going to do it. I'll keep it brief and simple. Nathan, you are a very lucky man to have this woman in your life. Love, honor, and cherish her. She deserves it. Chris, I am so happy for you. I know you had a fear and that you were able to overcome it. The two of you deserve nothing but pure happiness.
Congratulations.

I feel this dedication is appropriate now and will be appropriate twenty years from now...




The Cinema Snob-
Before I post the latest Snob entree, I would  like to show you an episode of a show entitled Kung Tai Ted.  Kung Tai reviews kung fu-xplotation films with  an irreverance matched only by The Cinema Snob. Could they be one in the same?


Inspired, The Snob reviews Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky(original title, btw). Omg, the ending is pee-your-pants worthy. I waited for You're The Best from Karate Kid to pop out at anytime. Enjoy.





FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment