About Me

My photo
I am a part-time author of dollarbinhorror.blogspot.com...short story and novel writer. I've found true love with the one I love.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Stardate 0701.10

If life is a radio, turn it up to ten....




Another Descent Into...
The Last Thirty-Five Years-Tomorrow I celebrate 35 years since my spaceship landed in a field outside of Pittsburgh(lol). It has certainly been a rather interesting journey. I have seen six presidents come and go. I've seen one of African-American heritage ascend to the highest office in the land.  Seven Star Wars movies have entertained and stimulated my imagination.

I got married, got divorced. Discovered who I am(a writer who lives for himself because there is no one else wrong worth living for). Found the magical gifts writers like Stephen King, Ed McBain,Ray Bradbury,and Peter Straub have left for me. I learned space is not the final frontier,it's the human soul.

I unlearned what I learned from a red-headed demon who destroyed my family. I forgave the shadows lurking in past. I've loved, I've laughed, I've cried, I even watched Titanic. Through it all, I learned one thing. It's ok to keep one foot in the air as long as the other is on the ground :-)

A Friend's List-
I'm taking this time to speak directly to the people who mean the most to me. The ones who are in the inner circle. The one's I would take the bullet for if need be.

Jason Henry) I have known you literally all of my adult life. You're the brother I've never had. You have gone through hell and back with me plus some. You stuck with me when the winds of change blew others away. For all you have done for me my friend, thank you!

Joleen Hague) We have only known each other a very short time, but I do know I love you. I know you have a heart as big as Heinz Field.  You are a sweetheart who doesn't put with any and all b.s.!You love me for me quirks and all. I think we will have a wonderful life together as one.

Mary Phillips and Karen Keyser) You are the two mothers I never had. When I came back from my ill-fated stay in New Jersey, both of you took me in and helped me through a rough patch. Hell Karen, you taught me to drive. Mary, you've taken wonderful care of me and for all the two of you have done. Thank you!

Cindy Pugh) I don't know where to begin with you. I guess really you went inside my shell to drag me out from myself. You showed me people are good. You provided a template for who I want to have around in my life. You affected me so much, you inspired me to create a character based on you, lol. (Anna Ross in the story From A Serpent's Kiss ring a bell?) For all you've done, for being my guardian angel, Thank You!

The Cinema Snob-
Ok, enough about me. It's time to be swept away back to, well, 1975 of all times, lol. Before there was the blockbuster starring the late Christopher Reeve, Superman was relegated to Saturday Mornings, comics, bedsheets(of which I had a set), and this load of kryptonite reviewed by the good ol' Cinema Snob. A musical version of the recognizible superhero on Earth!



The love you take is equal to the love you make.

No comments:

Post a Comment