It's that time again readers. No, not time to figure out the end of Lost or why people find Dirty Dancing a masterpiece(Note from female readers, buster:NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER)....Ok and May The Force Be With You ladies(GAWD, YOU"RE SUCH GEEK)...yes I am...Anyhoo....
Another Decent Into...
My Favorite Wrestlemania Matches (8-1)- Tomorrow is the big day for fans of the scripted square circle...It's Wrestlemania XXVI..Live from Phoenix!!! 7p/4p....sadly I will not be watching it since I have to do that work thing...To be honest it's not too bad since the match I really wanna see is Shawn Michaels/Undertaker, part II...
And, of course, to celebrate, here are my final favorite eight matches...They don't have to be considered great to make the list just entertaining
8. King Kong Bundy/Little Toyko/Lord Littlebrook vs. Hillbilly Jim/The Haiti Kid/Little Beaver(Wrestlemania III-1987)...Yes, this is a waste of match but anytime you have midgets at the biggest event of the year, you gotta love it...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3zfe-X2THQ
7. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs. The Rock (Wrestlemania XVII-2001)-This is the second part of a trilogy between two of the most popular athletes of the "Attitude"era a.k.a the last golden age of wrestling. The ending is truly a WTF moment....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjt0JufQf8Q http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbzK2prj-r4
6. Roddy Piper vs. "Adorable" Adrian Adonis(Wrestlemania III-1987)...This was suppose to be Hotrod's farewell match. It was hair vs. hair and well its not a pretty sight.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qos2gzK4lBg
5. Undertaker vs. HHH (Wrestlemania XVII-2001)...Up untill this point, I don't think anyone gave the 'Taker a serious challenge to his streak...yeah Kane did a reasonable job and Ric Flair made him bleed...but The Game really let him have in this match...BTW, this made "Taker 9-0...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A5IcRyKzRs
4. The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan (Wrestlemania XVIII-2002)
Icon vs. Icon. I've never liked Hogan and I never will but this was one instance he impressed me in the ring. Of course, when your fighting The Rock, don't expect a cakewalk...
3. Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat(Wrestlemania III-1987)...This is the match that made WM III, not the overblown, overhyped Hogan/Andre encounter...This is a match I can show my non-wrestling friends and feel good about myself. It shows that if you let it, wrestling can be as artistic as ballet....
2. Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan (Wrestlemania VI-1990)- I look back on this match with fond yet sad memories. The wrestling mark in me was starting to die in maturity's light. Other endeavors will calling to me. With this battle between the two biggest names in wrestling at the time, it mark the end of the 2nd golden age of the sport...
AND NOW....at #1 ITS...Ok before I begin...this match only happened last year but you what this is the best damn match I have ever witnessed in my 34 years on Earth...and yes it involves my fav wrestler The Undertaker....his opponent, a legend in his own time and mind...The Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels...from Wrestlemania XXV...here we go....
well there ya have it gang...Monday, look for a new Cinema Snob...untill then...enjoy the Ding Dongs
2016 - A Vicious Teacher
1 year ago