About Me

My photo
I am a part-time author of dollarbinhorror.blogspot.com...short story and novel writer. I've found true love with the one I love.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Stardate 0412.10

Its my weekend, gang!!!! And its started with some great news...bye-bye Santonio Holmes...u just made my blog shorter!!!

Promotional Consideration Paid for by the Following-
Yes, oh yes! This blog is sponsored. It's sponsored by houseofhill.org. At houseofhill.org, we love collectors as much as Eric loves the Santonio Holmes trade(Note from Eric: Hell Yeah!) If you or a loved one are fans of handmade quilts or fine handcrafted toys from the great state of Montana, well you should come to the right place. Houseofhill.org is THE Site for THE Discriminating collector.

Another Decent Into-

Ben and Santonio-
Well the take on this has changed with the departure of Santonio Holmes to the New York Jets for a 5th round draft pick. First of all, I'm quite ok with the trade. Holmes had one year left on his contract. The Steelers have  reat WRs in my boy Hines Ward, the returning Antwaan Randel-El, and the up and coming Mike Wallace. Holmes has a history, a bad one. What people who are whining about this morning don't realize is the black n gold have a history of drafting fantastic players in the later rounds(Ward and James Harrison to name a pair). So, don't worry, don't fret, come September we will be ok in the WR position.

Now as for Mr. Roethlisberger, you, sir, are an idiot. I cheer for the Steelers not the individual player(cept for Ward, of course). Your actions off the field since 2006 have been immature at best, criminal(allegedly) at worse. How bout if next season you try staying home for a change.

My Breakfast With Samuel Jones-
*In James Lipton voice* For years, there has been a stigma associated with fans of professional wrestling. We have been called every hyperbole for classless, unintelligent, illiterate,etc. My next guest breaks the stereotype, quite well I might add.

He is not the Boston Celtic or the actor who played Flash Gordon to the Queen soundtrack. He's originally from Surry, NH and joined the Army as a crewman on an M1 Abrams tank. After 3 years he got out and proceeded to party too much. After being a cross country truck driver and school bus driver for a few years he became an apprentice lineman out of Local 104 in boston. He now live in Colrain, Mass and work for the power company. She met my wife at the school bus co. She was the most well behaved student he had! Just kidding, she was also a driver. They were married in his great uncle's hayfield and had a pig roast. He  has 2 boys, 3 and 5 and always been a gamer, back to the Atari 2600 days. He spends limited free time now listening to podcasts and playing Wow.

Ladies and Gentleman, fellow Wrestlecrapper...


                                               Samuel Jones



1. I noticed you are an avid reader. What are some of your favs?

I really do enjoy reading. Finding time is the hard part. But over the years I have read some enjoyable stuff. I really enjoyed The Chronicles of Narnia growing up. I love LoR but couldn't fathom it till I was in my 20's. I read Watership Down when I was working on the road once. I actually liked the Laura Ingalls Wilder books. That look at growing up in the pioneer days really fascinated me. Ender's Game. Just recently read "The Road". That's one of those that really got to me since I have young sons. I read some comics. Mostly Captain America and The Avengers but I'm kinda behind on it all right now. The best comic in the history of everything was Mike Baron's "Badger". Looking forward seeing where comics on the Ipad go. I like alot of Stephen King. I always felt that his endings sort of fell flat. Or went overboard maybe? I'll also spend alot of time reading gardening books and junk. Finally I can't leave out wrestling biographies. Bobby Heenan's two books were great.

2. How big is your Neflix queue at this point? What movie are you looking forward to seeing the most?

DVD 62 Instant 105. Actually most of these are things for my wife and kids. We recently gave up on cable/satellite tv. All we watch is Netflix stuff. My wife and I are watching Lost, Dexter, Heroes, and Avatar: The Last Airbender. These are things we never watched when they were actually on. The only thing I miss on live tv is wrestling. As far as movies are concerned, there's not a lot that's really grabbing me right now. I have "The Count Of Monte Christo" ready to go as soon as I finish the book. I'm pretty much lost with the names reading it so I'm hoping the movie will clear it up a bit for me. I do really want to see "The Road" as I enjoyed the book. Hope they didn't change it to much as they are so apt to do. I guess some the stuff that's coming for the boys is what I'm looking forward to the most. We're watching a lot of old cartoons and what not from my youth. I'm sure they think I'm nuts.

3. Greatest wrestling match ever?

Whew! That's a tough one. I got into wrestling when I was in the Army because if it was on, someone in the barracks would be watching. Two things took place then that hooked me. One was the Ultimate Warrior beating Honky Tonk Man for the Intercontinental title. A crappy match but effective in grabbing my attention. The other was Ric Flair bitch slapping Lex Luger while the Horsemen had his back. Not even a match, but effective. Man, I'm just at a loss trying to remember specific matches. I guess the match that I really really just had to see would have been Hogan vs Warrior. Too bad it sucked. Goldberg winning the title was a must see for me as well. But I don't even remember who he beat! As far as really good matches, there have been many. Rey Mysterio, Curt Hennig, Brett Hart, Jimmy Snuka, AJ styles, etc etc. There is and has been some amazing talent in the sport, just more often than not, they have been victims of wrestlecrap. For me the build up has alway surpassed the climax. The main problem in wrestling today is lack of story and character development.

4. Should R.D. and Blade just jettison the whole TNA correspondent idea?

No Way! They just need to find the right man...er, woman...er, robot for the job! I found a toy on the side of the road one day at work. It turned out to be the machine from "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs". I immediately got out the Sharpie and scribed "Jonny 4" on it's side. To this day it resides on my bucket truck's dash. And as sick as it may seem, I miss old Mike Check...

5. Living in New England, what do you do if you spot a Yankees fan?

Well, not being a fan of "legitimate" sports, nothing. There is a lot of heat on Yankees fans, though. Many a "Yankees suck" bumper sticker can be seen in these here parts. I guess I never really understood the geographical team loyalty. How many Red Sox players are from the Boston area? Or from the US even? It makes me think of Bobby Heenan's book. He mentions how he used to wear a jacket with "Beverly Hills" written across the back. At the time he had never once been west of the Mississippi. I did get kinda sucked in when the Red Sox won the series. My wife and mother in law watched that night. I have a glass commemorative coke bottle from the occasion. That should put one of my great grandkids through college when they win the next one!

Thank you Mr. Jones

Seers of Light is complete...and here is my review...

I didn't know if I wanted to do a legit review of this book. Afterall, I'm friends with the author and I don't want her sending certain Combatants after me, lol.

Actually, I can feel comfortable with doing a review because it is a very good story. Lillian Hunt was living an ordinary life in an ordinary Pennsylvania town. Yet, she feels different than the others. A fateful walk in the forest proves this. She is taken by a gentleman, Christian, who is part of secret organization who watches over supernatural activities.


She discovers talents she never thought she'd possess thanks to a certain young gentleman named William. From there,Lilly and her superfriends perform tasks to send lost souls on back to their homes.


There is a certain tension initially between Lilly and William and an ongoing tension between Christian and William. That's where I'll leave the plot as not to give it all away.


For a guy who reads scifi,horror, political thrillers, and westerns, I actually liked this story. It had a "Star Wars" feel with the mentor/teacher relationship in the beginning. Lilly discovers herself, so to speak. William, to me , is the most relatable, he's a character who rises above his circumstances.

The only two glaring minor faults are some of the dialogue feels stilted and the hateful tension Lilly has for William perhaps could have lasted a bit longer. All in all though, fantastic first effort by my friend...8/10



No comments:

Post a Comment